Thank you for choosing Elevated Insights Assessment (EIA). We look forward to working with you. As a team, we at EIA are committed to supporting the overall health and well-being of our community and acknowledge that we are stronger when working together. Time-limited testing appointments are being scheduled and all other evaluation services will be provided remotely via telehealth. As we prepare for your in-person testing appointment please note:
What We Are Doing
ONLY one client and/or caregiver will be allowed to attend the in-person testing appointment. No additional visitors/family members will be permitted.
- All clinicians and staff are vaccinated and boosted. We will be wearing face masks/shields during appointments.
- HEPA filters are used in testing areas in order to promote ventilation.
- Clients and caregivers will be screened upon their arrival for symptoms and exposure to symptoms of COVID-19.
- In between each appointment, all materials and spaces will be sanitized and any shared materials (clipboards, writing utensils, etc.) will be disinfected prior to your use.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily accessible throughout office spaces.
What We Need From You
- Elevated Insights Assessments want to ensure we all do our part to stay healthy and ask that if you or your families experience any of the following symptoms- of covid or other illnesses, such as a cough with mucus, fever, and/or vomiting, please take care and stay home. If you show up for an appointment and we believe that you have a fever or other symptoms, or believe you have been exposed, we will ask you to leave the office and will reschedule your appointment.
- Face coverings are required for all individuals within shared spaces of our office suite. If your child is unable to tolerate a mask or face covering, please let us know immediately so that we can make the appropriate accommodations.
- Prior to your scheduled appointment, we request that you and your child wash your hands with soap and water as recommended by the CDC in the bathrooms located directly outside the office on the 3rd floor. The code is 8990*
- If you/your child has tested positive for the coronavirus or experience any symptoms following your appointment, we kindly request that you alert your clinician so that EIA can take the proper precautions and minimize risk to others.